1.26.2010

Ramit.

Being new to VA, and the economy being what it is, I am not currently employed outside the home. So what am I doing? Tonight, I watched Ramit Sethi from iwillteachyoutoberich.com talk about earning $1k on the side. Considering I would like to be able to make some money from home, I learned quite a bit from this webcast. I never considered it before, but the psychology of it all is really interesting. Consider this: if you're offering a service, in order to sell it, how do you do it? Especially someone like me, who didn't do one shred of business or marketing in college. Answer: you get inside their heads. "Their" being customers. So let's take photos. You know I like to dabble in photography. I'm learning Photoshop, and I'm taking lots of pictures and have a few Scott Kelby books. If I want to make a business out of selling my services as a photographer, what do I need to do? I need to get inside peoples' heads. What do they want? When I have that information, then I provide the service.

It's not rocket science. We'll see how I do with my possible ideas. Stay tuned. And Ramit, nice job tonight. You are really cocky, but if you weren't, it just wouldn't work.

1 comment:

  1. I think 1 thing people want (me personally)is kids' photos that don't cost $8 million. Seems like family photog is always so expensive..and it can be, I guess?

    ReplyDelete