5.11.2013

The best laid plans...I should be asleep but I was able to upload and edit a few photos, so here you get a quickie of what I see through my lens:

Taken at 7:30 this morning, this is where we ate tonight

Random street on the way to the train station

Train station entrance. Notice the yellow M logo by the tree.

Nearly empty train station this morning

Sometimes you gotta toot your own horn

View in one direction at Stephansplatz

 Blutgasse Strasse, which is a street on the way to see history of Mozart

Artistic shot

The apartment where Mozart argued with Saliere

Vienna's a bike-friendly city

Outside the Jesuit church

Inside the Jesuit church

These next few will all be inside the church

Side of pew

The organ was playing while we were in the church

This church has a lot of marble columns

Part of the ceiling

There are many of these holes in the ceiling with more painting 

See? Right between more marble columns.

Sun in the church

This is what the art museum did to these guys

One of the pictures I viewed 

Another pic, this one by Broegl (not sure of spelling just yet)

Another one by that B artist


This picture I'm kinda excited to tell you about because I actually remember what it's about. If you look closely, you'll notice that that gold ball on the step is actually a skull. This is St. Rosaria, the saint who protected against the Plague. Mary is holding Baby Jesus, who is handing her a crown of roses, which alludes us to the fact that it's St. Rosaria. The flowers on top of the skull represent virginity, and the skull itself represents the plague. On the left of Mary is Peter and on the right is Paul, and Paul has the keys to heaven, which if you look up, you see a little cherub. Now, I don't know who painted it, but I got the rest of the story straight. And it's even not nearly as blurry as all the other shots I took in the gallery.

Art, art, art


I took this picture because it reminded me of my grandfather, who liked sailboats. And this was the picture where I realized these were people's paintings. They didn't take a photo - they sketched, then they painted, with oil on canvas, these incredible pictures. 

K, now I'm officially going to bed.

1 comment:

  1. great photos and comments! Thanks for sharing. Auntie Em

    ReplyDelete